Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Twist and Turns

Just when you realize you are ready to turn your life around little things happen to prove it won't be easy.  It started after my fried food binge Monday night.  I received a phone call from a friend who has not been in my life for quite sometime.  To be honest I haven't missed this person at all.  She never really brought anything to our friendship, and always found a way to make me feel like a piece of crap.  She told me she was calling because she is hitting 30 and realized I was the only friend she could see in her bridal party.  A little side note... shes not even engaged.  I found it funny that this was the only reason why she "missed me".  I summed it up to the fact that her nasty, self centered ways had finally made her a lonely person with no one to turn to and no one to walk down her imaginary aisle on her imaginary wedding day.  Now I have her sending daily texts trying to make plans, and catch up.  Great, I have to stick to my "getting my life together" plan while dodging people who bring me down. 

This along with my Father making a surprise visit at my job the following day has my head spinning!  My Father has won the "worst father of the year award" for the last twenty something years.  So what did I do this morning to get back on track?  I finished the last 2 chewy chocolate chip cookies that belonged to my 7 year old cousin.  I knew he would be disappointed to wake up and see that they had disappeared, but these twists and turns needed to end.  What a perfect ending... the pantry in my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment